Monday 27 February 2012

"Youth Blessing Festival" - third evening

Great evening meeting, at least 50 people saved and Roy also asked for those Christians who wanted to follow Jesus day-by-day to stand up.

Then since it was the final night there was a real crush of people for prayer.  They were holding them back but they were ducking under the barriers and shoving and jostling to get closer.
Waiting for prayer afterwards

It must've been like when Jesus went around with people clamouring to touch him and receive healing.  Don't know how many we prayed for.  Lizzie reckons we prayed for 3 hours.  We certainly finished at 1am and then prayed for the helpers as well.

Similar things: headaches, heart pain, back pain, leg pain, child with fever, neck ache as well as prayer for blessing.  By the evening my faith was so lifted by all we'd seen God do that it was a delight and joy to pray.

It was great to see God's Kingdom advancing and pushing back the works of darkness.  It was fab to see the hunger of the people for a touch from God - some waiting three hours "just" to receive a blessing.

My only concern was for the child with the fever who came back again today - we prayed and the child settled again but asked them to come back tomorrow if there's no improvement.  Lord, please pour out your healing on this child.

The highlights included one lady who had pain all over so made me ask if there was idol worship or unconfessed sin.  She confessed to have a really short temper.  So we prayed for her and she just collapsed into the loving arms of the Father.

Another lady felt fear when we prayed for her - so we cast out this spirit and she felt suich a lightness filling her.

Another lady had pain all over so again enquired and she'd had witchdoctors praying for her.  So we asked her to renounce her acceptance of their healing and I think we had breakthrough.

Right towards the end we had a lad with headache and pain all over his body.  Enquired and found out he wasn't actually a Christian.  So we prayed and he felt the pain lessening but it wasn't all gone.  So I asked if he wanted to receive Jesus and receive the rest of the healing.  He said yes and we prayed for the Holy Spirit to fill him and all the pain had gone.

I think what was good was the fact that I just was delighting in God's love for the Indians and His pleasure with their hearts that are seeking Him.  There wasn't a trace of pride tonight - just the joy of bringing Jesus to people.

It was also great to start getting the translators to pray for people with me.  They were thinking only a "great man of God" could do this - and I had to repeatedly tell them Jesus will use anyone who is willing (besides I'd only been doing it for 3 days!)  So got them to pray with me in the same way that Peter was so gracious in letting me join him.  At the end I got Babu to pray on his own - and it was great to see God use him and the faith rise (particularly since he was praying for a friend and so was more fearful).

Lord, please will you help those young men to rise up in You, to do the works You do, to step out and be counted for You.  Lord may they realise that they don't need us - only You.

Jesus said my food is to do the will of the Father and I certainly felt that I wasn't hungry - I was alive!  But I had neglected Lizzie and she was aboslutely shattered.  So I had to ask for her forgiveness for putting others higher than her.

Lord, thank You for the privilege of being Your hands in India.  thank You for sharing Your heart for the people of India.  Thank You for letting me be a part of seeing Your Kingdom advancing and taking ground back from the Enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment