Saturday 18 February 2012

"Youth Blessing Festival" - first evening

Feel more comfortable here - got to do some silly tricks (eg wobbling pencils) with Enosh's children - realised this is more me!

Crusade in the evening - lots of singing - fantastic that they were singing Indian worship songs (originally they used Western songs).  Roy preached on the prodigal son and about 40 people got saved.  Then pray for the sick.  I was originally going to work with Peter - but ended up on my own with Lizzie.  People asking for prayer for their arm (couldn't raise about head), ear pain, head pain, as well as asking for help getting jobs, blessing and general help with studies.

Didn't see complete breakthrough on any of them - translator (a boy) was saying that some of them said it was better - but didn't see it on their faces*.  repeated praying, calling out but not complete healing.  I feel like I was saying the words - key phrases I'd seen used or read about but that I didn't know God.  I'm focussing on technique rather than the Healer.

Felt discouraged but more so - felt that I had let down God - people were calling out to Him and got me - and didn't see God's power.

Father, please don't let them think less of Your name.

Asked Lizzie to lay hands on a lady's throat and pray for healing and she felt it was better and actually looked like it.  What is God saying?

Great to encourage Lizzie and remind her how much God has used her to heal people (eg Levi when crying at church, us giving birth to Josiah and Hannah, and my friend Katie who got pregnant).  But why did God not use me?

Yes - I don't deserve it - but these people need you Lord.  Is it so Lizzie sees her dad fail and so doesn't feel so bad if things don't work?  Or to teach me humility?  Or to remind me that my job is to prepare my children to do Your works - not create my own kingdom?  I don't know.


But I do know that I need You more and I want it for the people - that they would see that You're a great God and put their trust in You.

* They rocked their head from side to side when asked whether it was better.  However, later on I'll discover something really cool - watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment